At first glance this may seem like some strange unfinished wedge of a car, but it’s not. You’re looking at the Aston Martin Valkyrie, & according to Aston the exterior design is now about 95% done. So what other information are we being graced with in the latest press release? Pictures, lots of new pictures.
The Aston Martin Valkyrie was announced about a year ago, and since then engineers have been working hard at perfecting it. There is still a lot we don’t know about the Valkyrie like the engine, power, price, speed, allocated units and so on. Here are some of the points Aston had for us in this newest release.
- The Valkyrie will have cameras instead of side view mirrors. They will be fed to displays at the bottom of each A pillar.
- There is no rear view mirror, because there is no rear window!
- The seats are mounted directly to the tub.
- Will use a “feet up” seating position similar to a F1 car.
- The biggest change in the design of this version is the wider openings between the cockpit and the wheel arches.
- The dash will be very simple. Most controls will be on the wheel or OLED display
- The car features a roof mounted air intake.
- A 4 point harness comes standard. A 6 point harness will be optional.
No ETA has been provided on the Valkyrie, however the Frankfurt Motor Show is coming up in the fall and we could see the car officially released at that time.