Just about a week after the Demon goes on sale, Dodge has announced that it will make a widebody version of its “little” brother, the SRT Hellcat. But there’s more to this 707 HP kitty cat than flared fenders!
The truth is, a whole lot has stayed the same, but there are some very noteworthy changes in the Challenger Hellcat Widebody over the regular Hellcat. Here’s a list below.
- Electric Power Steering with Street, Sport & Track drive modes.
- 305/35ZR20 Pirelli P-Zero performance tires for increased grip.
- 3.5 Inches wider.
- Cost is $72,590 (includes destination & gas guzzler tax).
- 0-60 mph takes 3.4 seconds (0.1 second faster).
- 1/4 mile in 10.9 seconds. (0.3 seconds faster)
- 2 seconds faster on an 1.7 mile road course.
- New 20 x 11-inch “Devil’s Rim” split-five spoke aluminum wheels.
You’ll notice the car is faster even though it is still powered by the same 6.2-liter HEMI Supercharged V-8. The increased 0-60 mph, road course, & 1/4 mile times are likely due to the larger tires & wider stance. Dealers will be able to order the Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody in July & of course you will be able to get yours sometime after.