Does the 2018 BMW X3 M40i really need a trailer hitch AND launch control? Hell, why not? Earlier today, BMW announced the 2018 X3, & even more surprisingly, the very first M performance series X3 called the M40i.
While “performance SUV” may sound like a bit of an oxymoron, it does represent a very real class of automobiles. The X3 M40i offers quite a few new features & options to be competitive in this segment. Instead of weaving a symphony of colorful text, we’ve decided to give you this info on the M40i in an easy-to-read list format. You’re welcome.
- Engine: 3.0L Turbo Inline 6 Cylinder
- Transmission: 8-speed with Launch Control & Paddle Shift.
- Power: 355 HP and 369 Ft lbs of torque.
- 0-60mph: 4.6 Seconds.
- Active kidney grille
- Price: Unknown. Will be given closer to launch.
- Launch Date: November 2017
- 50:50 weight distribution.
- Driving modes: Dynamic Damper Control in addition to configurations such as, ECO PRO, COMFORT, SPORT and SPORT+.
- Features never before available on the X3: 3-zone automatic climate control. Trailer Hitch, front ventilated seats (driver & passenger). Rear seats can be adjusted individually. Available 9.8-inch longer panoramic glass moonroof.
- HUD is in full color and 75% Larger.
- This year X3 has a more pronounced rear torque bias and the M40i puts even more power to the rear wheels than the standard X3.
- A bunch of technology to help you to avoid an accident.
- Luxury Package available for the first time ever: Includes chrome kidney grille bars and two-tone front & rear bumper trim finishers on the exterior and a SensaTec upholstered dashboard on the interior.
- M Aerodynamic kit (front apron with larger air intakes, side skirt trim, and a diffusor-style rear apron)